As I was busy cleaning this morning with my Lemon essential oil, I got to thinking just how many things I use this oil for on a daily basis. Yes daily! Lemon essential oil is one of the most versatile oils as it can be used for so many different things!
And it is not very expensive either. For about $13 I can buy a 100% certified pure 15ml bottle which gives me about 250 drops, which I think is quite reasonable considering all the wonderful things it can do. Then I thought I really need to share this with others as maybe they are not aware of all the great things it can do and how economical it is.
I love that it is a natural product that I can use daily to support me and my family’s health as well as making my home smell fresh and clean.
Top 10 Ways to use Lemon Essential Oil
- Cleansing and Detoxifying – every morning I use 1-2 drops of lemon essential oil in my water. Adding it to your water first thing, helps to flush the digestive system and rehydrate the body. *The benefit of using the essential oil over fresh lemon is the internal fruit of the fresh lemon can weaken the enamel on your teeth and damage the gums. Because the essential oil is extracted from the rind you still get the benefits of the lemon without causing damage.
- Supports healthy digestion – packed with Vitamin C the acids in lemon encourage the body to process the good stuff in your foods more slowly.
- Alleviates allergies – when combined with lavender and peppermint, lemon supports alleviating seasonal allergies.
- Boosts immunity – lemon has antifungal, anti-infection properties and has a high vitamin content, therefore is fantastic for boosting the immune system.
- Uplifting and energizing – citrus oils in general are naturally uplifting and energizing. Diffusing lemon will uplift the spirit and energize the body.
- Clears confusion and helps bring order to a number of tasks – add a few drops to your diffuser to help you prioritize and get things done.
- Supports healthy respiratory function
- Cleanses and purifies the air – add a few drops of lemon to a glass spray bottle and spray on counters and other surfaces to clean. Add to a diffuser to cleanse and purify the air.
- Cleans off sticky residue – you know when you have that sticky residue left over from tape or a sticker that can be challenging to get off? Using a drop of lemon essential oil works wonders and takes it right off! I used to use Goo-Gone but am very happy to now have a non chemical solution.
- Freshens your laundry – Add a drop or two to the soap dispenser in your laundry to prevent or get rid of that musty smell when you leave your laundry sitting too long. Alternatively, you can also add a few drops to your dryer ball when you pop the clothes in the dryer.
I just love the scent of lemon in general and often find myself just giving the bottle a sniff. It’s such a lovely sweet and refreshing smell.
Lemon is also great in many diffuser blends adding in that freshness and all the other benefits of lemon! Enjoy this Holiday diffuser blend with a little bit of lemon and a few other scents for the holidays.
What are your favorite ways to use Lemon Essential Oil?