If you’ve been following me for a while you’ll know how much I love pumpkin and any and all things related to pumpkin. So when Shreya of the Sassy Life contacted me and said she had a pumpkin cookie recipe she’d like to share in our cookie series I was all over it!
These delightful pumpkin cookies are easy to make and can be ready in less than an hour – maybe more if you have little helpers or like myself just get distracted easily. They are small, bite size and can be customized if you like your cookies crisper or more cakier, a little stronger pumpkin flavor or a little more spice.
Shreya’s original recipe calls for refined sugars, which have been adjusted here but they do not change the flavor or the result of this delicious cookie. Perfect for Fall, or a little pumpkin variation for Thanksgiving, no one will even notice that they’re vegan or sugar free unless you tell them.
Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (I measured when solid if that makes a difference)
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/8 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons pumpkin purée
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup vegan/non-dairy chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix the coconut oil with the brown and white sugar.
- Add the vanilla extract and pumpkin purée and continue to mix. The mixture will look pretty slick and oily at this point.
- Add the salt, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and flour and mix until just combined.
- Gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Bake rounded balls of dough on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet at 350ºF for about 15 minutes. Cool slightly before removing from pan. Move to a cooling rack to ensure cookies cool evenly.
- Store in an airtight container.
Makes 24 cookies
* For a stronger pumpkin spice flavor, add another teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice. My cookies came out very puffy and small because I baked small balls of cookie dough. For flatter cookies, flatten the tops of the cookies before placing in the oven.
What’s your favorite fall cookie recipe?
Join us next week for White Chocolate Macadamia Nut – my most favorite – ever!